Saturday, October 19, 2013

Impromptu Field Trip

Our friends are on Fall Break at their school, so we took the opportunity to hang out. They were headed to the apple orchard, and since we hadn't gone this year, we decided to tag along. Of course, we decided this morning, the day of the excursion. :)  The plan was to leave at 9:30, but Mrs. S and I are so much alike, that when she called at 10:15 to say they were just then getting coats and shoes on, I could happily report that we were putting on seat-belts in the car. :) It took longer than I expected to get there, but the kids were good, and JL didn't even need to nurse until we arrived.

Mrs. S keeping JL warm


I love the look on JMC's face here. It's almost like he's thinking, "really, 50 cents to feed a bunch of greedy goats?"

JA, teaching like usual. :) This is a chart of rocks & fossils. I didn't even know she had studied these before!

 I spent a lot of the day following JMC around, with JL in my arms or in the stroller. He had a great time keeping my attention, showing me all of the things he can do, like climb on fence, drive a school bus, etc. Every so often, he'd run over to the big kids and join in their fun, and then he'd come back to the bus or the train.


She took a nap!


JA took a break from playing with her friends and spent some time with JMC. I know he really appreciated that.

JT ran non-stop the entire time we were there. The few pictures I have of him are action shots, or I had to ask him to stand still.


JT wanted this exact picture.


"JT has the one that works!"  :(

JMC and A played well together, too. Here they are "driving" the fire engine.

And there was mini-golf! JMC played 3 rounds.









I refused to pay so she could keep feeding the little white goat.

JT didn't want to go home


Thank you, Mrs. S., for the apple cider donuts!



JMC climbing up to look at the indoor pond, and JT's arm (he was flapping, trying to entertain JL.)

Our group had 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and kindergarten. The enjoyed reading all of the signs.

2 comments:

  1. Despite the cold, it was a lot of fun! Love you guys! Maybe we can make this a tradition! I love the one JP peeking out of my coat :-)

    ReplyDelete