Monday, October 17, 2011

Running

Ok, jogging really.  And not even completely at that.  However, I, who absolutely detest running of any kind, and haven't done it since by force in jr high PE, went running this morning.  Please understand, I'm not exagerating my hatred of physical activity, especially running, in any way.  In high school, I became a lifeguard because I learned that once certified, guarding would count as my PE credits.  It worked, and I didn't have to suffer another PE class after 1st semester sophomore year.

So, back to this morning.  I went jogging. JA and I began our very modified version of the Couch to 5K program and I loved it.  No, not the running.  That was nearly as awful as I remembered. And now, I'm very sore and just want to lie down for a few days. But, the time to hang out with JA was amazing.  She talked and talked.  She told me about a dream she had, and about a holiday she wants to create. She told me about her Sunday School class, and wanting to own a farm with sheep. It was so wonderful that I think we'll do this again, maybe even this week.

1 comment:

  1. The couch to 5K is a really great program! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete