Thought I would share a few of the life lessons I've learned from our 3 fire emergencies. (Yes, that's right, 3 fires in less than 8 years!)
1. When working with electricity, pink = light red = old, but a live wire!
2. The firemen are never upset that you called them.
3. Know where and how to shut the gas off to each appliance and the whole house.
4. The dryer lint needs to be cleaned from the tube that vents outside regularly. (Thanks, Katie!)
5. Once you & your children are safely outside, you really don't care about anything else.
Hope you never need these tips, but since they were all new to me, I thought I'd share. :)